As a saint of God, you should expect that Satan wouldn't want your finances to change. Change would mean maturity and power over his influences. Affliction, problems, or difficulties are opportunities for God to bless you. Affliction is a way for Satan to take or keep the Word of God from your heart (experiences).
"Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word." Psa 119:67
Satan is the god of this world. In disobedience he created the worlds systems and fashioned them so that they offend God. When mankind decides to do evil, grace has to make adjustments to remain greater than the sin. As with the planet, everytime we destroy land, air, water something in heaven changes that adjusts our environment so that the toxins are filtered from our air, water, and land. In the last days and as the time of Jesus Christ return draws near there will be:
- Signs and wonders in the heavens.
- The earth will shake.
- Winter weather conditions will grow more unstable.
- Men will grow to love themselves.
- Church and religion will be without God.
- Men will walk in darkness but claim the light.
- Knowledge will increase, but wisdom decrease.
- and more...
We are called out from this world, to live in it, but to be separate in our thinking and ways. You must continue to remain in good standing with God, but that will not happen until you begin to prove ALL THINGS.
- Psa 119:167 "My soul hath kept thy testimonies; and I love them exceedingly."
- Psa 119:168 "I have kept thy precepts and thytestimonies: for all my ways are before thee."
- Prov 1:15 "My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path:"
- Prov 3:23 "Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble."
To the point
In summary, the system around you is an enemy of God. The laws are formed to promote a specific agenda. To afflict suffering, to strip you of any enjoyment the Word of God brings. Here's the outcome that comes from seeking, seeing, following and walking in God's ways.
- Psa 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. (This is hard to identify if everyone around you walk, talk and behave in a particular way).
- Psa 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
- Psa 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
A saint is expected to challenge his own thinking and ways against the voice of the Lord to create changes that please God. When you start off, you may have been told God speaks through the bible. How's that going for you when your tested?
- 2Co 4:8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
- 2Co 4:9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
- 2Co 4:10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
- 2Co 4:11 For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. (Change this flesh and its experiences so that he enjoys the outcomes from obedience).
- 2Co 4:12 So then death worketh in us, but life in you.
Obedience as defined by most people is said to mean "following what you have read in the scriptures".
- Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
- Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Obedience to God is defined as, "Hearing his voice and following Him."
- Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
- Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any manpluck them out of my hand.
This would generate an interesting debate. But God's word is clear. Few will follow him and many will not. If the possiblities of salvation is hinged on intellect, reading comprehension than I would agree with the popular opinion. But the book of first Corinthians chapters 1 and 2 tells me different.
It has always been the vision of God to have a one on one dialog with you and that is best experienced using your daily activities. Change will come if you would listen and follow him.
Now let's get your finances in order.